RESOURCES FOR MEDIA
Houma’s diverse culture and environment offers something different for everyone. We invite the media, photographers and travel writers to experience our destination and discover Louisiana’s Bayou Country.
Explore Houma will provide assistance upon request including customized itineraries, ground transportation, accommodation assistance, area information and photography.
- Complimentary, specialized itineraries including accommodations, meals, attractions and interviews can be created to meet the specific needs of the media.
- Explore Houma staff members can provide complimentary ground transportation during the media’s stay in Terrebonne Parish.
- Knowledgeable guides can be provided courtesy of Explore Houma to assist the media in getting around our area.
- Explore Houma maintains a library of color photos and video that may be used to accompany pieces featuring Houma/Terrebonne Parish.
Travel Writer/Media Representative Qualifications:
- To receive complimentary assistance, writer/media representative must provide credentials upon initial inquiry, including recent work, publications and association memberships.
- Requests for assistance must be made at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Requests must include the nature of the assignment, subject interest and length of stay.
- Complimentary accommodations will be provided for commissioned work only.
- Complimentary accommodations are strictly on availability. For non-commissioned work, reduced rates or complimentary stays will be left to the discretion of the individual lodging property managers.
- Costs incurred by family members or traveling companions are not covered by the bureau.
- Deviations or cancellations from planned itineraries must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled arrival. This includes lodging and special interest appointments with local personalities. If 24-hour notice is not given, writer/media representative is responsible for payment.
- Stories relating to the visit must be provided by Explore Houma within one month of publication.