PLAN A MEETING IN HOUMA
Only an hour south of New Orleans, conventioneers will find themselves immersed in the hospitality of the Bayou Cajuns. Just one visit and you will discover why the early settlers to this area named the parish Terrebonne or “good earth.” Throughout the city of Houma and its surrounding communities, visitors will discover the many good things we’ve become known for, including good people, good food, and good times.
The Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center boasts 100,000 total square feet of space with 37,000 square feet of flat floor space to accommodate up to 2,500 banquet styles and up to 5,000 with its flexible retractable seating. The adjacent meeting room wing can be divided into five distinct rooms to accommodate up to 1,000 people. The civic center provides experienced, professional staff, courteous customer service, and creative marketing and promotions personnel. Smaller groups will also find suitable meeting space at some of Houma’s moderately priced hotel properties.
Attractions and Culture
In addition to state-of-the-art meeting facilities, Houma also offers a unique cultural experience. Visitors will enjoy a tour by boat or on foot through our beautiful cypress swamps or a visit to an elegant plantation, which is home to a museum housing displays depicting the local culture. In downtown Houma, a Main Street Community, visitors can enjoy a walking tour of the historic district or a visit to the Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum. On a guided cultural tour, visitors can meet alligator hunters, fur trappers, and net makers. Outdoors lovers can charter a fishing boat for an unforgettable trip out into the plentiful Gulf of Mexico. And after all that excitement, visitors are sure to work up an appetite. The abundance of seafood caught locally makes Terrebonne Parish a gourmet’s delight. No meeting is complete without good memories from the “good earth” of Houma and Terrebonne Parish.
- SITE INSPECTIONS: The Bureau can make booking Houma area facilities for your guests a breeze. Let us schedule a site inspection of potential lodging and meeting venues.
- ATTENDANCE PROMOTION: The Bureau offers marketing services to build attendance and awareness for your event. We can supply and/or mail promotional materials, including welcome letters and brochures, to delegates to stimulate their excitement about the event. A press release form that can be disseminated to local media outlets is available upon request and to be completed /returned three weeks prior to your event.
- WELCOMING COMMITTEE: Whether you prefer a formal “Welcome” by area dignitaries or a more informal greeting by governmental officials or the bureau director, allow us to make your event opening one that participants will always remember.
- REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE: The Bureau is happy to supply professional staffing and volunteers for registration assistance for those groups blocking 25 or more rooms per night. Name badge assistance is also offered complimentary.
- GROUP TOURS: The Bureau can provide information on services for tours such as experienced step-on guides, unique dining experiences, guest speakers, entertainment assistance, and customized tour planning. We can also package fishing trips, spousal tours or incentive programs, and much more.
- AREA INFORMATION: We have a variety of promotional gifts as well as printed materials on local events, attractions, restaurants, and golf courses for you to distribute to your out-of-town guests. A complimentary tabletop display with brochures and general area maps that include points of interest can also be provided at your event in lieu of individual brochures.
Director of Sales
(985) 868-2732 | (800) 688-2732 | 114 Tourist Drive | Gray, LA 70359