September Meeting Minutes 2022
Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Regular Schedule Meeting Minutes
September 22, 2022
I. Board and Staff Member Attendance
Cheri Blanchard – Chair
Julie Falgout – Vice Chair
Joshua Ellender – Treasurer
Andree’ B. Casey
Gary Williams Sr.
- Meeting call to order: C. Blanchard called the meeting to order at 8:34 a.m.
- Roll Call: Quorum was present.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: J. Falgout led the board in the Invocation. C. Blanchard led the board in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Public to be heard: no one was present.
- Sponsorship Application Presentation: K. Theriot entered the meeting at 8:37 a.m. Genie Ardoin provided an overview of the 2022 Bayou Arts Festival Sponsorship. Genie Ardoin exited the meeting at 8:46 a.m.
- Approval of August’s Minutes: J. Ellender moved to approve August’s Minutes with corrections. Seconded by: K. Theriot. Motion passed.
- Approval of July 2022 Financials: The financial statements, including the budget to actual comparison for the general fund, for the month of July 2022 were presented by S. Corbitt. J. Ellender moved to approve the July 2022 Financials. Seconded by: J. Falgout. Discussion: Ambassador program, public relations, and professional fees. Motion passed.
- Sponsorship Application Bayou Arts Festival: S. Corbitt provided an overview of the sponsorship. J. Ellender moved to approve the application for $5,000.00. Seconded by: K. Theriot. Motion passed.
- Executive Director’s Report: S. Corbitt provided the monthly report. Discussion: occupancy rates, employee updates, board orientation, Lt. Governor’s Summit, Civic Center volleyball court update, National Civic Pride Day Campaign, Houma Restoration Board, Louisiana’s Bayou Cajun Jam, proposed budget, Rougarou Fest, HACVB Visitor Service updates, Sales updates, Marketing and Communications updates, and Office/Financial updates.
- Board Announcements: employee Tyler Duplantis introduction, Terrebonne Bicentennial at library with speaker Margie Scoby, Terrebonne Safety Expo turnout, and St. Mathew’s Episcopal Church event in Dularge.
- J. Falgout moved to adjourn. Seconded by J. Ellender. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned at 9:55 a.m.