Houma Area Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Monthly Board of Director’s Meeting
- Call to Order: M. Bisland called the meeting to order at 8:34 a.m.
- Roll Call: Quorum was present. A. Casey entered the meeting at 8:36 a.m.
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: K. Gilbert led the board in the invocation and M. Bisland led the board in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Approval of Minutes/Financial: D. Norred made a motion to approve the minutes. Seconded by: A. Picou. Motion carried. A. Picou made a motion to approve the financial report. Seconded by: M. Wayne. Motion carried.
- 2016 Final Amended Budget: S.Corbitt provided an overview of the 2016 final amended budget. K. Gilbert made a motion to approve the 2016 final amended budget. Seconded by: A. Picou. Motion carried.
- HACVB Policies Approval: S. Alford provided an overview of the HACVB policy. D. Norred made a motion to approval the HACVB Policy changes. Seconded by: M. Wayne. Motion carried. Discussion followed: Travel time, overtime, out of town written policy clarifications, non-compensational time, conference events, sales personnel vs. promoters. C. Wilson entered the meeting @ 9:07 a.m.
- Executive Director’s Report: S. Alford provided her monthly report. Discussion followed: Visitor’s Center update, Occupancy report, Marketing promotions – King Cake Social Media, Meetings – IEDC webinars, Geocaching – GeoGras and upcoming Geocaching’s events.
- Adjournment: A. Casey made a motion to end the meeting at 9:22 a.m. Seconded by: A. Picou. Motion carried.
Staff Members Present:
Sharon Alford – Executive Director
Sondra Corbitt – Deputy Director
Mary Lynn Bisland – Chairperson
Katherine Gilbert Theriot – Vicechair
Dale Norred – Secretary/Treasurer
Charles Wilson Sr.